Thursday 8 December 2016

Instagram Tips: Hashtags (How to Find the Best Instagram Hashtags)

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who likes Instagram! I like to scroll through thousands of pictures and I also like to see that other people like my pictures! 



First of all, I'd like to say that this article is for people who'd like to  increase their Instagram exposure and get more likes on their Instagram pictures. If you don't like Instagram or you don't use it to "collect" likes, that's completely fine. But please, don't judge us :) 

I know that many of you have Instagram to share personal pictures from their daily life without expecting anything from this platform. And that's fine. Something tells me though that I'm not the only one who likes to see that their pictures are doing well. But unless you're a celebrity or well-known person you propably won't have that many followers and hearts on your pictures without "helping" your pictures to be seen... and that's why there are hashtags!
For years I used any hashtag I thought of when I was preparing the picture to be uploaded. I've always used relevant hashtags which means I used hashtags that are somehow connected with the picture or with my account/me. That's something I haven't changed. But I changed something else a couple of moths ago and I see the difference!


Use smaller hashtags!
What does that mean? Use hashtags that aren't that popular. That might seems strange to you but believe me, it works! Less popular hashtags give your picture bigger exposure. Just think about it... if you open hashtag that has millions of pictures in it, it only takes couple of seconds or literally a couple of minutes before the picture disappears between thousands of new ones. But when you use smaller hashtags your picture will last longer on the top of the page. Plus with a smaller hashtag there is also better chance that your picture will end up in TOP 9 pictures (those 9 pics on the very top of the hashtag page)!

Smaller hashtags could mean more specific hashtags! 
I won't even stop to explain that you should use relevant hashtags (we all know how annoying it is to scroll through hashtag called #nature that is full of selfies). But moreover, you should aim for quite specific hashtags. It's not only because they're smaller. Another advantage is that people who search pictures of something will more likely search those more specific hashtags. Let me show that to you on simple example. You're going to upload picture of your dog. It is Yorkshire Terrier. First hashtag that is going to pop up on your mind would be  #dog but I'd advise you to use #yorkshireterrier and #smalldog . Not only are these hashtags smaller so more people will see your pictures, but even more important is the fact that people who want to see pics of Yorkshire Terriers will search this hashtag.



When I say small I mean really small...
You know that there are big hashtags like #love , #life , #happy. These hashtags have hundereds of millions of pictures under them. Let's say that from now on you should see every hashtag with more than 1 million of pictures as big. I'll give you another example. You have autumn picture. Hashtag #autumn has more than 38 millions of pictures. Let's avoid it then. But you've already wrote down autumn and now more options popped up - and these are hashtags that you should chose from and you'll still use relevant hashtag. There's #autumnweather with 600 thousands pictures. That's good. Use it. But let's go even lower! What about #autumnwalk or #autumnwalks with around 50 thousands pictures? That is perfect! These numbers are great because they mean that the hashtag is big enough, it's alive (people use it) but it's not so big (your picture won't get lost in a couple of minutes). There's also #autumnforest with 12 thousands of pics. That is still pretty good hashtag. 
I personally wouldn't go under 4000 of pictures. Less than 4000 pictures (for hashtags in English) means that this hashtag is really small and Instagram users wouldn't even search it. But there's exception - really specific theme of your picture or hashtag in other language than English. For example, sometimes I post pictures of my dog. When I do that I always use hashtag #landseer but I never forget to use #landseersofinstagram as well even though the second hashtag only has 3700 pictures. Why? This hashtag brings me likes from small community of landseer owners who often go through pictures of other landseer dogs (I just love scrolling through pictures in this hashtag to see all those cute doggos :)).



So how big is that perfect Instagram hashtag (according to me)?
Most of the time I'm trying to stay in the range between 5000 and 300.000 pictures in hashtags. That really perfect Instagram hashtag for me would be somewhere between 25.000 and 100.000 pictures. I might sound crazy but it always makes me happy to find this type of hashtag for my new picture :) 

So this is my "secret to successful Instagram pictures". I can't promise you that you'll be immediately  instafamous but this article should definitely show you how to get more likes on your Instagram pictures. And I'm pretty sure you'll see the difference quite soon... So try it! And let me know if it worked for you!
Are there any hashtags that you like to use? Is there another advice about using hashtags that you could give me and my readers? Please let me know :)
And share your Instagram handle, I'd love to check your pics! Mine is: @michaelavavrin
*

You need phone or camera to take good Instagram pictures. If you don't know which type of camera to buy I wrote an article about it: Photographer Beginner: DSLR Camera VS Compact Camera

************

Jsem si téměř jistá, že nejsem jediná, kdo má rád Instagram. Baví mě procházet si tisíce fotek a taky mě baví, když se někomu jinému líbí moje fotky. 

Úplně na začátek bych chtěla říct, že tenhle článek píšu pro ty, kteří chtějí na svých instagramových fotkách nasbírat více lajků, a kteří chtějí, aby byly jejich obrázky na Instagramu víc vidět. Pokud sami instagram nemáte, nebo ho za tímhle účelem nepoužíváte, prosím, aspoň nás tu moc nesuďte :)

Je mi jasné, že mnozí z vás mají instagram "jen" proto, aby na něm sdíleli osobní fotky ze svého každodenního života, a na tom nevidím nic špatného. Něco mi ale říká, že je dost i nás, těch, kteří chtějí, aby byly jejich obrázky přece jen trošku vidět, a aby se líbily. Jenže pokud nejste celebrita nebo nějaká veřejně známá osoba, zřejmě zase tolik sledujících a srdíček na vašich fotkách mít nebudete... Tomu musíte trochu pomoc. Jak? Od toho tu jsou právě hashtagy. 
Po celou dobu, co mám instagram, jsem používala jakékoli hashtagy, které mne při nahrávání dané fotky napadly. Vždycky jsem přidávala relevantní hashtagy, což znamená takové hashtagy, které jsou s daným obrázkem (nebo se mnou/mým profilem) nějak spojené. To jsem nezměnila. Před pár měsíci jsem ale změnila něco jiného a už dnes vidím rozdíl!

Používejte menší hashtagy!
Co to znamená? Používejte hashtagy, které nejsou tak populární. To se vám možná teď zdá divné, ale věřte mi, funguje to! Méně populární hashtagy (tedy hashtagy s menším množstvím obrázků) umožní, aby byl váš obrázek víc vidět. Jen se nad tím zamyslete... Pokud použijete hashtag, který má pod sebou miliony fotek, ta vaše se v tom obrovském množství za pár sekund (nebo minut) ztratí. Pokud se ale rozhodnete pro méně používané hashtagy, vaše fotka vydrží nahoře na stránce déle. Navíc máte i větší šanci, že se dostanete do TOP 9 (to je těch 9 obrázků, které jsou úplně nahoře). 

Menší hashtag může také znamenat specifičtější hashtag!
Nebudu se ani pozastavovat nad tím, že byste měli používat relevantní hashtagy (protože nás nikoho nebaví procházet si fotky v hashtagu #nature a narážet na spoustu selfíček). Kromě relevantních hashtagů byste ale také měli cílit na opravdu specifické hashtagy. Není to jen proto, že specifičtější hashtagy jsou menší. Jde také o to, že lidé, kteří něco vyhledávají, většinou zadávají konkrétní požadavek. Podívejme se na příklad (příklady budu uvádět v angličtině, protože se nejčastěji používají právě anglické hashtagy). Chcete na svůj Instagram přidat fotku vašeho psa. Je to jorkšír. První hashtag, který vás pravděpodobně napadne, bude #dog. Já bych vám ale radila použít spíš #yorkshireterrier nebo #smalldog. Nejde jen o to, že je pod tímto hashtagem méně obrázků, a tak bude ten váš víc vidět, možná ještě důležitější je to, že tenhle hashtag budou vyhledávat lidi, kteří opravdu chtějí vidět fotky malých jorkšírů.



Když říkám malé, myslím opravdu malé...
Určitě víte, že velké hashtagy jako #love , #life nebo #happy pod sebou skrývají stovky milionů obrázků. Řekněme, že od teď by se vám velké měly zdát všechny hashtagy, které mají víc než 1 milion obrázků. Dám vám další příklad. Máte podzimní obrázek. Hashtag #autumn má více než 38 milionů obrázků, tak ho rovnou vynecháme. Už jste ale napsali #autumn a vám teď vyskočily další hashtagy, které se vám s tímto slovem nabízí. Hashtagy stále zůstanou relevantní, ale budou menší a specifičtější. Máme tam #autumweather s více než 600 tisíci obrázků. To už je lepší. Klidně tento hashtag použijte. Ale pojďme ještě níž! Co třeba #autumnwalk nebo #autumnwalks , které mají okolo 50 tisíc obrázků? Ty jsou perfektní! Padesát tisíc je dost obrázků, to znamená, že je tenhle hashtag živý = někdo ho používá, ale není přitom tak velký, aby se v něm váš obrázek okamžitě ztratil. Dál tu máme ještě třeba #autumforest s 12 tisíci obrázků. Ten bych být vámi taky použila. Já sama bych už nepoužívala hashtagy, které mají méně než 4000 obrázků. To číslo (pro hashtagy v angličtině) znamená, že jsou opravdu málo používané a dost možná je ani nikdo nevyhledává. Za výjimku bych považovala opravdu hodně specifické hashtagy, nebo hashtagy v jiném jazyce, než angličtině. Ne všechny hashtagy v češtině mají mnoho tisíc obrázků, přesto je lidé rádi vyhledávají. To samé platí pro specifické hashtagy. Já např. často přidávám fotky našeho psa. Je to krásná landseerka. Určitě tedy používám hashtag #landseer , ale taky používám docela malý hashtag (jen přes 3000 obrázů) #landseersofinstagram, kam přidává fotky komunita majitelů landseerů, kteří pravidelně lajkují i fotky ostatních (Já sama si tenhle hashtag ráda projíždím a rozplývám se nad těma strakatejma hafanama :)).



Takže jak velký je ten perfektní instagramový hashtag (alespoň podle mě)?
Většinu mých hashtagů se snažím udržet v rozmezí 5 až 300 tisíc obrázků. Za ten úplně perfektní hashtag bych pak asi považovala ten, který má 25 - 100 tisíc obrázků. Zní to vtipně, ale já mám pak vždycky radost, když takový relevantní hashtag najdu :) 

Tohle bych asi nazvala svým "tajemství úspěšných fotek na Instagramu". Nebudu vám slibovat, že se okamžitě stanete na Instagramu slavnými, ale určitě by vám tenhle tip měl pomoct k tomu, aby byly vaše instagramové obrázky úspěšnější a sbíraly víc lajků. A věřím, že ten rozdíl uvidíte opravdu brzo... Takže to zkuste! A dejte mi vědět, jestli to funguje i vám! :)
A co vy, máte nějaké oblíbené hashtagy? Nebo máte nějakou radu, jak hashtagy používat? Podělte se o ni, prosím, se mnou a s mými čtenáři :)
A napište mi vaše instagramové jméno, ráda bych viděla vaše fotky! Moje je:  @michaelavavrin
*

Na hezké fotky na instagram potřebujete buď mobil, nebo foťák. Pokud stále nevíte, jaký foťák si vybrat, mrkněte na můj článek, kde se vám snažím poradit: Photographer Beginner: DSLR Camera VS Compact Camera

 

30 comments:

  1. V podstate to robím takisto, používam menšie, konkrétnejšie a špecifickejšie hashtagy. Na insta som však len pár mesiacov, ešte nemám vybudovanú tak veľkú komunitu fanúšikov, ale postupne na tom pracujem. Holt nám nie-celebritám to proste trvá dlhšie :-)

    @horenohami.doluhlavou

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so interesting tips! I've never thought of using Instagram that way to be honest haha :D might look into this!

    ~ Jasmin N
    littlethingswithjassy.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....these are very amazing tips and so glad to know about this as I'm also Instagram lover. Thanks so much for sharing. I'll keep it in mind.

    Kintan XO,
    http://kintanfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never thought of using smaller hashtags but damn it makes so much sense! I will start doing that now, see how that goes :) Thank you so much for the tip!

    Carlota | TheWandereuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some great tips, I really do find that posting in the smaller hashtags gets much better engagement on your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Tohle je fakt super. Konečně jsem si i já začala tak nějak zakladát na instagramu a tak nějak na lajcích (ne že bych tim žila, ale je pěkný vědět, že se to někomu líbí) :D. No, ale small hashtag teda nepoužívám, ale hned začnu :D Protože sakra, mě přijde, že když tam dám nomrální obrázek s normálníma hashtagama, tak to lajkne stejný počet lidí, jako když to mám úplně bez hasthtagu :D Začnu používat malý a třeba mě objeví i nový lidi, haha! :D
    Super nápad! :)
    DENYII

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tips, I don't really use instagram that much but when I do I've noticed when I use a less popular hashtag I get lots of random likes so this advice definitely works :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! I'm really going to try this out! I'm so curious if this will work for me
    Too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post and thank you for the tips. I never knew some of these. www.thecornishhouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many useful tips
    Thanks for sharing
    xx
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_zn7IqrAY1I44bRuN6dH-Q

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are very amazing tips and so glad to know about this as I'm also Instagram lover. Very useful post!
    http://stylequest.se/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ya gotta love some good hashtags! These are great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really great tips, thank you for sharing them! I love Instagram and of course it makes you happy if your picture gets a lot of love ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tips! These will definitely come in handy! xo www.firstcomesmrs.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good tips, I don't use Instagram as much as I should but will think of smaller hashtags next time I post on there. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super článek, nikdy mě to nenapadlo a máš samozřejmě pravdu! :-)
    www.jdeocestu.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love your tips so much! Thank you for sharing, I am going to see if my hashtags are still correct and I might have to find smaller hashtags as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very interesting post and makes absolutely sense. I will definitely try this out on our next postings! Thank you for sharing your tips and experiences - Cheers from Birdie & Hendrik

    ReplyDelete
  19. really interesting tips that i hadnt thought of before! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great insight. I'm still trying to completely grasp Instagram and your points definitely make a lot of sense.

    ReplyDelete
  21. As a relatively new blogger and someone who is still learning the ropes, this kind of post really is super-helpful. I've just about managed to locate most of the best travel hashtags on twitter but Instagram still remains kind of a mystery. Thanks for helping me to negotiate at least one hurdle!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well I think you are right, smallest hashtasgs give you more visibility for a specific picture! anyway we are going pretty good with our instagram account (utravelshare ontheroad) using both of them, I mean 20 small hashtag and 10 really popular; anyway don't forget that if you put a stunning picture you can get into the first 9 for more than 1 day! thanks for sharing it, :-D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for sharing all these insta-tips! I agree with you that it's sometimes better to use less "popular" hashtags to increase traffic/likes :) I've been trying and failing and trying again for quite some time and now know what works and what doesn't :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great advice! I've often thought whether I should use hashtags with bigger following but now I know ☺
    Katja xxx
    www.katnapped.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful tips. I am going to take away the hashtags tips, since I recently started focusing on my instagram, now I know how to go more effective

    ReplyDelete
  26. Useful post! Thanks. I'm new to blogging. How did you get the images that are right above the comments that embed your blog post title with a picture?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great tips on hashtags. I never considered using less popular hash tags but the makes sense. I'll use this to improve our instagram game. @wanderlustvegans

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great tips on hashtags. I never considered using less popular hash tags but the makes sense. I'll use this to improve our instagram game. @wanderlustvegans

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for this tip, makes so much sense, but i haven't heard it before. Something i'll definitely start putting into practice though!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great tips! I'm always surprised when I find hashtags with millions of IG pics.

    ReplyDelete